Thursday, February 17, 2011

ode

On a normal day, I walked down the street
Just wandering for the “fun of the day”
There you were, standing on the hot concrete
So beautiful like the flowers in May!
I couldn’t control my body, my feet

You had the smile that made my heart beat
You made my face turn red, like an apple
There was no such thing that made my world heat
Or so dreamy like the color purple
You organized my life plan nice and neat

I felt and thought of all this as a “we”
Walking towards you step by step, closer
There were ordinary days behind me
However, asked you to be my leader
The leader who will lead me to happy

1 comment:

  1. The poem is Horation odes because as I was reading the poem there's rhythm that goes along..

    The poem is meditating on the love that she was thinking as she saw the other person standing on a hot concrete.

    The scene described how the author was thinking about the things that they might do once she get to be with the other person. She was thinking about the things she wants the two of them to do.

    The universal truth that the author comes to was someone will always be there to lead you to a happy life and that person will be part of that happy life that you will have.

    Ill give her 4 for the word choice because she actually express everything using basic words. Its a good poem because she used basic but the feeling was very felt by me.. I mean, I really feel what she was trying to say while I was reading her poem.

    She can improve this by putting more about nature and how it connects in the main point of her poem.

    ReplyDelete