Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ballad

When I was young I never knew
The person that I’ll love would be you!
Every day I’ll say “I’m going to marry a prince!”
And mom would say “When you grow old enough to get yourself rinsed”
You are in front of me, but not the person in my imagination
However, a charming one, who took over the situation

When I was young I never knew
The person that I’ll love would be you!
The first sight of you was a normal man
With a hotdog in one hand
But the miracle of love made me fall in ‘love at first sight’
And from then and now, and on, you will be my light

When I was young I never knew
The person that I’ll love would be you!
You wait every day to see my face
That’s why I became a late running ace
Not only had you made me runner
You have made me a dreamer

When I was young I never knew
The person that I’ll love would be you!
I’ll be the person who is stronger than a tree
Who has a heart, larger than a sea
The person who will never let you cry
Trust me. That will be me, see me in the eye

1 comment:

  1. 1. Yes, the Ballad is narrative and the story is about how she wasn't expecting the guy to be his partner in life that he was expecting someone else but the person who came was the person that will make her feel extra special than what she was expecting. I think the poem is pretty good. I like the words and emotions that she put in the poem.,

    2. The stanzas contains 6 lines. It's kind of a consistent format but some lines were longer than the other, i mean, it might not suit the rhythm of the other stanzas/lines.

    3. Her refrain is "When I was young I never knew
    The person that I’ll love would be you ...." that part was same from the first part if the ballad until the last but the other 4 lines were different in each stanzas. It tells us what she feel towards him and she;s describing him.

    4. Yes, the ballad has a specific rhythm, And if you read the ballad it's kind of like a musical.

    5. She used correct capitalization but not much of the punctuation. My advice for her is that she needs to use more punctuation to show the feelings and for the reader to know when to break the sentence.

    6. Overall, I like the ballad. It's really good and it has rhythm. My only advice is that more punctuations and add a little more stanzas to make it more like a song than a poem. And to make to story more detailed and explained,

    7. I think I will give her 4, because it's balance. The strengths and weaknesses of the poem doesn't interfere and causes a lot of things in the poems. And it is a good poem.

    ReplyDelete